If you know me, you know I absolutely love to read. I can spend an entire day in bed reading a good book and typically read up to 3 books at the same time, if you include audio books. I’m often asked for book recommendations so I’ve listed all my faves here and organized them into categories.
Some of the below links may be affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, I’ll receive a small commission if you purchase by using my link. I only recommend things that I truly love and have read myself.
Because I am addicted to personal data, here’s some fun facts I discovered (as of Jan 1, 2019):
- I’ve read over 166 books through Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited subscription (my first book was borrowed July 31, 2014)
- My current longest weekly reading streak is 23 weeks in a row (July 29, 2018 – January 5, 2019)
- My longest daily reading streak is 37 days in a row (November 24, 2018 – December 30, 2018)
- My top read authors are:
- 12 books – Bella Forest
- 10 books – R.J. Lewis
- 5 books – Samantha Christy
- 5 books – Mark Edwards
- 5 books – Jay McLean
- My Kindle Unlimited membership has cost me $529.47 (53 long months!)
- My average cost to borrow a book is $3.19/book
- I have 149 books in my Kindle library that I’ve purchased outside of my subscription
- I bought my first Audible audio book Oct 9, 2014 and went on to purchase another 83 books to the tune of $988.26
- I’ve listened to 429 hours and 51 minutes of audio books (That’s almost 18 whole days!!)
- I’ve earned all the Audible badges except 3 (Social Butterfly, Watchtower, and Dabbler)
- I’m 71 hours away from “Master” level in Audible, whatever that means
- I started out with the Gold membership (1 credit per month) and somehow got 3 months free! Then by April 2015 (just 6 months later), I upgraded to the Platinum membership so I could get 2 credits per month. I stayed on this plan until I dropped back down to Gold November 2016 and finally cancelled altogether after my final month in June 2017. At this point I had too many credits to keep up because I’d started listening to podcasts and my 105 minute round-trip commute to work/gym was no longer long enough for me to keep up with all the content I’d discovered.
- Audible still managed to get a whopping $615.45 out of me during that time, but I still think I came out on top at about $11.90/book.
- I spent $372.81 on books on top of my subscription.